Titan Recruitment are delighted to be working with our growing global client to recruit for an Import Freight Executive to be based within their Manchester office on a full time, permanent basis.
As the Import Freight Executive, you will be experienced in managing the full transportation cycle of imported goods by ocean and air. This also includes ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed compliantly in line with the legal requirements for Customs to allow the goods entry into the country of destination. It would also be advantageous to have customs knowledge, however this is not a necessity for the role.
Main duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Negotiating rates and terms, so it is important to have experience in this area along with being numerate
- Liaise daily with clients, internal departments, partners and suppliers to ensure smooth transactions
- Obtaining charges and cargo release details from airlines, shipping lines and agents
- Arranging the release and transportation of goods received to cargo importers
- Ensuring that all payments are processed accurately and raise any necessary paperwork for audit purposes in line with company guidelines
- Ensuring any and all payments are made prior to any shipments being processed
- Submit customs clearances using ICE
In order to be considered for this role, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Freight-forwarding industry experience with an in-depth knowledge of the import process for both air and sea freight, a minimum of 2 years
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and plan ahead successfully
- Problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy when completing tasks
- Numeracy and computer literate
In return, you will be working Monday to Friday within a globally recognised brand within the Freight industry, with a competitive salary of up to £27,000.
If you have what it takes to fulfil this Import Freight Executive role, and you want to be part of this exciting global company, then hit “Apply Now” and submit your most recent CV for immediate consideration.
|Job Category||Freight Forwarding / Logistics|